Thursday 13 March 2014

The Triolin makes an entrance





I was visiting my friend Jessica Curry and thought I should take a gift, she is a musician of outstanding ability, a composer and winner of many awards so this was never going to be easy, but I thought she might like a little three stringed instrument so I made the Triolin and played it, oh my this sounded good.
I gave her the little instrument and she loved it, but of course I couldn't leave it there, so upon returning home I had to make myself one.
These little fellas are fabulous and for the SAW weeks in October when I will have my studio open I think I might make quite a few, which will be for sale.
These are made of oak, charred and measure 700 x 65 x 50 mm, if you fancy one let me know and I will dicuss prices and what tuning you would like, Jess's is tuned to A D C and the little black thing you can see is a movable bridge, so of course you can change the tuning!

No comments:

Post a Comment