Tuesday 1 March 2011

Rosliston Camera Obscura Workshops



These went really well. Held over two days, students, staff and members of the public signed up to have a go at making their own camera obscuras with my help. The camera obscuras are to be left behind and become a resource for the centre and I think it was brilliant that everyone who made one of these gave them over. I know that I would have found it really hard as they created some wonderful designs and really got inventive. The staff of course can now pass on what they have learnt to others. It really is such a simple technology that anyone can make something, and the design take it further.

I would also like to thank everyone at Rosliston Forestry Centre who made me very welcome and gave me a lovely birthday but also put up with my streaming cold and hacking cough.

No comments:

Post a Comment